It’s Gala season in New York City which means we play dress up a few times in the evening and during the day to support our favorite charities and causes. I recently attended the Studio Museum of Harlem’s annual Spring Luncheon which is always held at the Mandarin Oriental overlooking Central Park. It’s a favorite event becuase I get a chance to catch up with old friends and make a couple new ones while supporting art, history and culture.
I decided to wear this two piece ensemble by Tibi (the irony is that I wear more crop tops at 40 than I ever would have attempted at 25). I credit this to my healthy habits, sweaty workouts and nutritiously dense recipes I have committed to over the last 10 years.
After taking one look at this rose gold frock, my beloved New York City make-up artist KeKe suggested we do a daytime smokey eye with a bold lip. Watch this hilarious step-by-step video of how this effortless beauty look comes together in my boudoir, including application tips from KeKe: https://www.facebook.com/jacqueline.nickelberry/videos/10212986382640640/
(To purchase products used to create this look, click the links below.)
If you would like to purchase any product below that does not have a link OR you would like a personal consultation via phone or FaceTime, email KeKe@beautywithkeke.com with “Jackie Unfiltered” in the subject line.
- Cleanse, tone and moisturizer the face before applying any makeup (always)
- Prime face using Tom Ford “Illuminating Primer” (perfect for every skin tone) using Tom Ford Brush 01
- Prime eyelids using Laura Mercier Eye Base Primer in “Wheat” (adjust color for your skin tone) using Tom Ford Brush 01
- We use THREE eyeshadow palettes for this look
— Elizabeth Arden Eyeshadow Trio in “Oh So Pink 04,
— Elizabeth Arden Eyeshadow Trio in Love Of Grey 07
(The Elizabeth Arden shadows slide in and out of this Customizable Compact.)
— Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in “Cocoa Mirage”
- Apply the deepest grey from “Love of Grey” all over eyelid using Tom Ford Brush 13
- Using your finger with a tapping motion, apply a wash of the middle pink shade from “Oh So Pink” over the grey shadow
- Using your finger, press the sparkly celestial from “Love of Grey” just over the center of your eyeball (don’t be afraid to apply this glitter color as this will make your eyes pop).
- Apply the 2nd color (matte taupe) of Cocoa Mirage to the crease using Tom Ford Brush 13 using a windshield wiper motion
- Apply brown eye-liner (Smashbox Always Sharp Waterprook Kohl Liner in “Sumatra) to the top and bottom lash line
- Soften bottom lash line using the same matte taupe from Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage with Tom Ford Brush 14
- Apply dark black mascara on top and bottom lashes (Elizabeth Arden Grand Entrance Mascara in “Stunning Black”)
- Clean up any shadow-fall out under the eyes with a q-tip dipped in a little eye-makeup remover
- Apply corrector or concealer matched to your skin tone under the eye in a triangle, on the sides of the nose, between the brows and around the lips (I use Tom Ford Amber Éclat but you should find the right color for your skin tone). Use Tom Ford Brush 02 to gently tap the product into the skin using a bouncing/tapping motion.
- Apply foundation if you use (I don’t generally use foundation)
- Apply the bottom 2 colors of Elizabeth Arden FourEver Bronze Bronzing Powder to the contours of the face (perimeter of the face, hollows of the cheek, side of the nose from inner eye to tip and neck) using Sephora Powder Brush
- Apply peachy pink blush color from Elizabeth Arden Bronzer to the apples of the cheeks using Trish McEvoy 65 Angled Contour Brush
- Apply highlighter of Elizabeth Arden Bronzer from to the cheekbones to above eyebrows using an arc motion, down bridge of nose and just above the lip using Charlotte Tilbury Powder & Sculpt Brush
- Lightly fill in eyebrows with pencil or shadow in a color appropriate for your skin tone (I use Charlotte Tilbury or Tom Ford Brow Shaper)
- Buff entire face using light swirling motion with Tom Ford Brush 05
- Lighly powder under eyes in a color appropriate for your skin tone (I use Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte in 30 Naturel – Translucent 2)
- With great intention, apply Mac Diva Glam Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor in Slipper Orchid
As always, thank you for stopping by Jackie Unfiltered! We wish you Spring days filled with lots of glam and wonderful memories.
Jackie & Keke
If you would like to purchase any product below that does not have a link OR you would like a personal consultation via phone or FaceTime, email KeKe@beautywithkeke.com and include “Jackie Unfiltered” in the subject line.